Provider: HURT (Have Your Tomorrows)
Address: 14 Clarendon Street, Derry. BT48 7ET, Northern Ireland.
Contact: Dessie Kyle
Title: Centre Manager
Telephone: (0044) 028 7136 9696.
As a result of the course candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- A multi-theoretical approach to working with substance misuse issues
Candidates will undertake modules in the following areas:
- Context and trends in Substance Misuse
- Models of Treatment (including Pharmacological) and Intervention
- Assessment Tools/Psychometrics
- The Therapeutic relationship and its impact on substance misuse interventions
- Working with Trauma
- Impact of substance misuse on the family
This course is for individuals who want to gain specialist counselling knowledge and skills to work with individuals with substance misuse issues. It is aimed at those who are working in the drug/alcohol field.
Course Requirements (to be completed during the course)
• A minimum of 60 formally contracted counselling hours (one-to one)
• Supervision Log
• Supervisor’s Report
• Enhanced Access NI Check
• Completed Portfolio
• 90% attendance
Accredited by both the Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) and the National Counselling Society (NCS) (pending approval)
The course is the first of its kind in Northern Ireland.
- We are a community based addiction treatment centre with premises in Derry & Strabane
- We offer support to individuals and families affected by substance misuse through a holistic care plan
- We deliver community based preventative/education initiatives on substance misuse issues
- For more information: https://hurtni.org.uk
The course will be delivered over 20 days (10 weekends). contact HURT for future dates.
If you are interested in applying for the course or would like any more information on other courses offered by HURT, please contact Dessie Kyle, Centre Manager, HURT on 02871 369696 or firstname.lastname@example.org