Provider: Dublin North East Drugs and Alcohol Task Force
Address: The Mornington Centre, 44A Malahide Road, Artane Roundabout, Artane, Dublin 5.
Contact: Training co-ordinator
Telephone: 01 846 5070
The Task Force offers training and education opportunities for service users, families of service users and staff working in community based drugs targeted services within the Task Force area. The range of courses on offer is dependent on funding available to the Task Force.
• We help with the development and delivery of Drugs Awareness Programmes in local schools and youth projects.
• We provide drugs education and awareness programmes for parents on a range of issues.
• We offer support to parents and, where necessary, provide information on useful services and agencies offering counselling, family therapy and other supports.
• We work in partnership with community drug programmes, teachers and Home School Community Liaison Officers in the area.
• We continue to deliver substance use programmes as a support to the Walk Tall and Social Personal and Health Education programmes at primary and post-primary levels.
• In conjunction with relevant agencies, we continue to support schools with the development, implementation and review of school substance use policies.
• We offer information and training on substance use and related issues to community and youth workers that are based in the catchment area.
• We act as an information resource in the Dublin North East region providing high quality and up to date information on drugs and other relevant issues.
Courses include: Diploma in addiction studies and Strengthening families programme
Those living or working in the Dublin North East region.
Contact the education team. See website for more details http://www.dnetaskforce.ie/training.aspx
See website for more information.