Provider: One Family
Address: 2 Lower Pembroke Street, Dublin 2
Contact: Paula Lonergan
Title: Training & Consultancy Manager
Telephone: 01 6629212
After taking part in this training you will be able to:
• design and deliver a ten-week Positive Parenting for Changing Families programme
• understand the theory behind the Positive Parenting for Changing Families manual
• be familiar with a range of approaches for managing difficult behaviour in children while raising self-esteem
• support parents in implementing these approaches
• support parents to develop strong relationships with their children
• know the provisions of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
• support parents in parenting when they are: separating or divorcing, sharing parenting, parenting in a multicultural society, parenting alone
• support parents to talk to their children about their family situations,and
• support families to parent through difficult times
This 3-day intensive training, prepares professionals to deliver the programme to groups or in one-to-one sessions with parents. Redeveloped and redesigned from our flagship pre-existing Positive Parenting course and with a trainer's manual containing 15 highly practical sessions which focus on the realities of parenting in diverse and changing families, this programme addresses the real challenges for parents today from a strengths-based and positive approach.
Professionals working with familiies.
We can develop this course to suit your needs by providing additional modules.