Provider: Urrus/The Ballymun Youth Action Project
Address: Horizons Centre, Balcurris Road, Ballymun, Dublin 11
Contact: Gabrielle Gilligan
Title: Administrative Assistant
Telephone: 01 846 7980 / 01 842 5726
This half-day workshop is designed for persons working or volunteering in the drugs field and who wish to enhance their professional understanding of safer injecting practice.
• Different types of hypodermic injecting (e.g., intramuscular/intravenous).
• Differences between Veins and Arteries.
• Vein, artery and neural damage associated with needle use.
• Vectors of infection.
• Demo and practice of safer injecting technique as a harm reduction strategy.
• Best practice and ethics in assessing and advising service users on injecting.
Those working or volunteering in the drugs field.
Contact URRUS. http://www.byap.ie/services/urrus/addiction-training
Urrús (the Irish word for strength / confidence) was founded in 1996 by BYAP to provide training in relation to drug misuse. We have developed a range of training modules on drug misuse, addiction and community responses, and are continually developing new modules in response to emerging needs.