Provider: Community Awareness of Drugs
Address: 31 Central Hotel Chambers, Dame Court, Dublin 2
Contact: Training co-ordinator
Telephone: 01 878-3656
To provide parents and other adults with a common-sense approach to understanding a variety of drug-related issues
This single-session drug awareness presentation is delivered from a preventative perspective. The following questions are addressed:
• What is a drug?
• What is drug misuse?
• What do drugs look like?
• Why do people take drugs?
• Where do young people get drugs?
• How do you conduct a safety audit in the family home?
• How safe is your community?
• What are the risk and protective factors?
• How do you get along with teenagers?
• How does someone develop a dependency on drugs?
• Where can you go for help?
Adults – parents / guardians / carers and community workers
Since 1983 CAD has responded to the needs of parents and community workers by providing single-session talks/presentations. In some instances these talks lead to additional programmes being delivered.