Terms & Conditions of use of National Drug Treatment Reporting System (NDTRS) Data
The data for these tables are provided by the Health Research Board's National Drug Treatment Reporting System (NDTRS).
The NDTRS is a health information system that collects anonymous data about people in drug and alcohol treatment from general practitioners, low threshold services (that provide low-dose methadone or drop-in facilities only), outpatient and inpatient centres.
Through these interactive tables you can search for treatment data on eight different types of drug, including alcohol. The results of your analysis can be organised by year, age group, gender and geographical region of residence (county, HSE region, local health office, regional or local drugs task force area), and groups of variables.
The data is valid as of 3rd August 2016
Any of the data published here may be freely used, but remains the property of the NDTRS. To safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of the data, all users must agree to the following conditions:
- NDTRS data are not to be presented in either written or oral form that could directly or indirectly identify an individual patient.
- The NDTRS must be clearly acknowledged as the source of the data in any publication or presentation in which the data are used.
- The HRB National Drugs Library must be provided with a copy of any published paper in which NDTRS data are used.
The data user is fully responsible for interpretation of the data
If you have any queries please contact the HRB National Drugs Library at firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate acceptance by selecting the Accept button below.
Instructions for using the interactive tables
- Accept Terms & Conditions and click on Proceed to reports.
- Select substance, years, age range, gender and geographical area of residence.
- Select the variables you want to use to group your analysis.
- Run report.
- Export report to Excel.
- Or change your selection criteria and re-run analysis.