Provider: Croi Nua Counselling and Psychotherapy
Address: The Orchard, Banshane, Midleton, Co. Cork
Contact: Pat Coughlan
Title: Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Career and Life Coach
Telephone: 087 286 8590
The purpose of this course is to enable people to:
• Learn about drugs and their effects.
• Develop an understanding of addiction
• Examine their own attitudes.
• Become more effective in their personal responses.
• Explore the effects of drug misuse on the family.
• Develop the skills and knowledge to become more effective in responding to drug misuse in their own communities.
• Drug use, misuse and abuse
• Drugs as participants encounter them. Signs and symptoms
• Drugs used in particular communities and their effects.
• Pharmaceutical information on drugs
• The process of addiction
• The effects of addiction on families
• Interventions at one to one level
• Intervention and listening skills role play.
• Referral and treatment programmes
Community members who feel they would like to be more effective when it comes to drug/alcohol issues.
There are no educational requirements to be part of this course, only a willingness to learn.
Contact Croi Nua. http://eastcorkcounselling.com/croi-nua-community-addiction-course/