Provider: ALÃ (Participatory theatre)
Address: 83 Castle Park, Ballybane, Galway
Contact: Project Director
Telephone: Tel 091 492852
This course will introduce participants to the world renowned drama facilitation methods created by Augusto Boal known as Theatre of the Oppressed (TO). It will provide participants with a thorough grounding of TO drama facilitation techniques for practical use in group work situations. Through the use of stimulating games, exercises and other drama techniques, the course will explore group dynamics, effective communication and the idea of the reflective practitioner.
Specific learning outcomes are in 4 units.
Unit 1: Interpretation
Unit 2: Movement
Unit 3: Voice
Unit 4: Collaboration
1. Learners who want to gain an in depth understanding of Theatre Performance.
2. Learners who have already taken up a position in a theatre/production company.
3. Good English language, literacy and computer skills.
5. Well motivated, team player, with good interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Good time-keeping, attendance and commitment.
8. Learners who feel they have experience but who do not possess an appropriate qualification.
Previous facilitation or group work experience would be an advantage. Prior drama experience is not essential.
All applicants should be interviewed against Target Learner Profile. Recognition of pior larning will be considered. General education: Leaving Certificate (with relevant direct experience) or higher.
ALâ is a personal, social and community development organization. It uses theatre arts and education as developmental tools.