Provider: Dublin North East Drugs and Alcohol Task Force
Address: The Mornington Centre, 44A Malahide Road, Artane Roundabout, Artane, Dublin 5.
Contact: Training co-ordinator
Telephone: 01 846 5070
The Prevention Education Team of the DNEDATF, provide a range of services aimed at preventing, delaying onset and reducing the harms associated with drug use. All of these services are informed by current research and best practice guidelines.
• We help with the development and delivery of Drugs Awareness Programmes in local schools and youth projects.
• We provide drugs education and awareness programmes for parents on a range of issues.
• We offer support to parents and, where necessary, provide information on useful services and agencies offering counselling, family therapy and other supports.
• We work in partnership with community drug programmes, teachers and Home School Community Liaison Officers in the area.
• We continue to deliver substance use programmes as a support to the Walk Tall and Social Personal and Health Education programmes at primary and post-primary levels.
• In conjunction with relevant agencies, we continue to support schools with the development, implementation and review of school substance use policies.
• We offer information and training on substance use and related issues to community and youth workers that are based in the catchment area.
• We act as an information resource in the Dublin North East region providing high quality and up to date information on drugs and other relevant issues.
Courses include: Diploma in addiction studies and Strengthening families programme
Those living or working in the Dublin North East region.
Contact the education team. See website for more details http://www.dnetaskforce.ie/training.aspx
See website for more information.